Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, October 29, 2012

Parsnip Chips!

Parsnips. Those carrot looking things that have always seemed to elude my grocery cart. However, being part of a mail-order produce co-op it gives us the chance to try different things (though I'm not sure if Parsnips are really all that different). To us however, they were a first!

I wanted to do something somewhat different so I decided to check Pinterest for some ideas, and right away the concept of making them into a fried chip popped right out! High in fiber, and seemingly better than a potato, I thought I'd give it a whirl!

Not much of a "recipe" to share, but I peeled them, sliced them in my madoline, and fried them up! Shortly after coming out of the oil I sprinkled some kosher sale as they were on a paper towel.

Note: These cook quick! Just 10-20 seconds change them from golden brown to overdone, so do keep an eye on them!


Clearly a winner, absolutely delicious. Some of the thicker cut ones almost were a bit soft in the middle and the sweetness made me think of sweet potato fries! So for thick fries, or thin chips, check out the Parsnip!

~Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment