Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kale Omelet!

Kale is packed with nutrition, but with it being such a hearty green, I am still learning new ways to use it. This morning I decided to introduce my omelet to my new found friend kale!

 
 
I cooked down the kale in some olive oil until mostly tender (only took about 5 minutes). I also decided to not add any salt. I need to cut back on that stuff, plus the cheese should have plenty of sodium to balance the dish out anyway.
 
 
I whisked a couple eggs, a tablespoon of milk, a very small dash of salt, and let the eggs cook until almost firm.  Then I added the cheese and cooked kale.


 Flipped the egg over, let it cook another minute, and served it with my favorite breakfast accompaniment, coffee! :)




 Great start to my morning ... and as I write this, Rebekah just dumped a cup of (cool thankfully) coffee over our bedroom carpet! Guess today is carpet cleaning day! =)

Cheers,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment