Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ka-what? Ka-bob!

So I decided to try something I've always heard of, rosemary kabob skewers!

So I went to the garden and harvested some of my fresh rosemary. Stripped the leaves (to use for the marinade!) and make an angle cut to help it push better through the chicken.

Since I happened to have an acorn squash on hand, I cut it in eights, seasoned it up with some salt and pepper, and threw it in the oven to roast as a side.


I used a pretty basic marinade of olive oil, rosemary, chili powder, honey, and a little soy. The chicken made it on the rosemary stems pretty easily, and I fired up the grill!


Once the squash was close to being done, I threw the kabobs on the grill, and made a little wasabi-mayo for a sauce, and served it wish some tortillas. Easy, quick, and delicious! :)

 
Not really sure if the rosemary skewers made a difference but it make for nice presentation and a great aroma! =)

Happy Eating,
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment